Freelance super sociable membership manager for community development
Are you a super-sociable, outgoing individual with a passion for building engaged membership communities in person and online? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Who we are
We are a London-based membership community of women committed to destigmatising the conversation around female sexuality for the benefit of women everywhere. We believe that sexuality is a natural part of personal identity for every human being: it should never be a source of fear or shame. Every week, we host events in London for members and guests, where we open frank and honest conversations around different aspects of female sexuality. We are working together to build a society where men and women live together as equals without objectification or repression.
What we need:
We are seeking an engaging individual with a sex-positive attitude, to take the lead on managing our eclectic membership community. You will need to be a confident communicator with a warm and charming personality, ready to hit the ground running and get to know our unique membership proposition inside-out. A background in sales or marketing within a membership environment would be an advantage, as you’ll be taking a pro-active approach to new member generation as we work together to grow our all-women’s community.
You’ll need to be available on one or two evenings per week, to attend our events in Central London.
If that sounds like you, then read on!
Scarlet Ladies is all about community and we want you to help grow our supportive network of women. The aim of the membership manager is to:
- Grow the community by recruiting new members
- Strengthen the community and increase membership retention
To this end your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Creation and implementation of a membership development plan covering
- Member recruitment
- Member retention
- Interpret membership growth statistics and research to make informed recommendations
- Management of member communications including direct responses to member questions, marketing communications and newsletters
- Manage member events
- Conduct member market research
- Assist in Marketing and PR activities
- Develop and manage member recognition and loyalty programmes
- Maintain accurate membership records and marketing databases
- Stay up to date with policies and procedures.
- Ability to engage with a diverse range of people
- Pro-active working style - let us know your ideas
- Experience in regular progress reporting
If you think this could be the job for you, we’d love to hear from you! Contact email@example.com